Saturday, 25 October 2008

Long Weekend Is Here!

Yay - I really don't know why I am so excited as I'm not working anyway lol but I do get to spend quality time with my partner!

Well things have not been too rosy with my hip over the last couple of weeks. It was good to get Pink Ribbon Day done though :)

Last week I increased my strengthening exercises to twice a day plus pool physio then I started to get bad pains deep in the joint when lying on my good side in bed (even with pillow between my legs) and also when switching to lie on my back. This was a different pain again from what I had been getting - was not nerve or muscle pain, felt deep in the joint like "bone pain". So hard to describe to those who haven't experienced anything like us hipsters.

I am wondering if the two screws are starting to irritate the bone.... if that happens and it gets bad it's up to CHCH again for another op to cut me open and remove them. Then it's on crutches again for 4-6 weeks while the holes where the screws were knit over. Ugh I don't want to think of that. My scar and op area is still insanely sore as it is, I think I can feel it cringing at the thought of more surgery!

Off to the pool 7.30am Sat - if I can get out of bed, apparently the weather is supposed to turn crappy for the long weekend (surprise surprise) so if it gets as cold as they say my op hip is going to tell me about it, cold weather aggrivates it chronicly.

This post has turned into a bit of a rant :) We have been very lucky with the weather though and over the last week we have had beautiful spring days. On Sunday Craig and I went for a drive out to Cave via the scenic route and went to the lovely stone church there. It's open to the public and can be hired for weddings. Managed to get some lovely photos, here are a couple;

1 comment:

Jess said...

Sorry to hear your hip is misbehaving, fingers crossed it passes and you don't need the screw removal x. Your photos continue to amaze me, I am so jealous! Look how greeeeen that one issss lol I'm hiring you for a training sesh one day when you are feeling better :-) Hope you enjoy your weekend!