Sunday, 12 July 2009

Tens Machine + Antiflamme + Trigger Points = Happier Muscles

I had such a terrible nights sleep last night I decided do try a few things to help tonight. First i got out my Tens/EMS machine which is physio issue - not the cheap pocket ones you can get on Trademe!

I had used it on my partner a few times but kept forgetting to use it on me! The area I was having a lot of problems as well as my hip was my back, mainly my upperback at the moment from braline above. My muscles are so tight from the strain of what's happening in the hip area that my neck, across my shoulders and down my upper arms is a minefield of red hot poker knots. I started with the EMS mode which stimulates healing and relaxes the muscles in preparation for the Tens mode.

Placed a couple patches at an angle on each shoulder (will post up some photos tomorrow if I get a chance) and relaxed while it did it's work. After the time was up it felt good - like I had done a workout and loosened the muscles up. I followed that up with some trigger point work across the upper back area (man there were some mean points I found) and ended with lashings of Antiflamme and E-Balm.

It has definately helped so hopefully one part of me will be a bit more relaxed tonight for a better sleep! I think I will work more on my back tomorrow to try to settle that down a bit more :)

Sleep well everyone xox

1 comment:

Jess said...

Glad you've found something that helps a bit, it must be a relief! Hope your man is kind enough to help you out :-)